Now a days we see a lot of old parents entering the old age homes even though the child himself stays in a beautiful home. The child has disowned his own parents in their old age.
What could be the reason for such an attitude towards their parents from their child ?
- Anger on father for punishing them when they were child.
- The hate that the mother feeds against the father in childhood.
- Very nature of hate against their father.
- Leaving parents just because his wife asked him to. Just because his wife couldn’t get along his parents. Just because his wife didn’t want to be a godly wife. Now the child he himself moves in with wife’s parents being a white knight. Few of the jobs he does at her home doing all their petty jobs like ironing the blouses of his wife and mother in law just before going to church on Sunday morning. Such an odious women. Where is your honor man ?
- Just because you don’t see a need for you parent now ?
You are what you are just because of your father. Without your mother you are nothing.
Honor your parents. Respect them. Listen to them with patience. When they talk they talk with experience and with love. Listen to them.
The modern world teaches you otherwise. Be wise. Pray God to bless you with wisdom.
God will hold you responsible for your stupidity of shaming or leaving your parents in their old age.
Lister and imbibe within your life the the Holy Word of God Proverbs 19:26 Be wise when you do have time.
Even Hitler wrote a poem expressing himself about his mother. This poem can be extended to fathers too in their old age. And you ?
“When your mother has grown older,
When her dear, faithful eyes
no longer see life as they once did,
When her feet, grown tired,
No longer want to carry her as she walks –
Then lend her your arm in support,
Escort her with happy pleasure.
The hour will come when, weeping, you
Must accompany her on her final walk.
And if she asks you something,
Then give her an answer.
And if she asks again, then speak!
And if she asks yet again, respond to her,
Not impatiently, but with gentle calm.
And if she cannot understand you properly
Explain all to her happily.
The hour will come, the bitter hour,
When her mouth asks for nothing more.”
Adolf Hitler, 1923.